The Calvert Trust enables people with disabilities, together with their families and friends, to achieve their potential through the challenge of outdoor adventure in the countryside.
We aim to do this by providing:
- A wide range of adventurous outdoor activities, meaningful challenge and adventure within a framework of safety
- Skilled, qualified and caring staff able to fulfil the needs of visitors
- Accommodation appropriate to the needs of the visitors
- Facilities for families and friends to share the enjoyment and experience
The benefits and enjoyment of the activities will be offered to all, irrespective of ability. These benefits include:
- The enrichment in the life of each individual through adventure and personal achievement
- The chance to enjoy countryside of exceptional natural beauty
- Recreational opportunities that can be transferred into everyday living
- Personal development and rehabilitation leading to integration
"The group returns each year knowing they will have an action packed holiday. Access for our party of wheelchair users is superb. The wheelchairs are abandoned and we sail away, zip along or ride off reducing our mobility needs. No longer wheelchair users, but young adults on holiday."
Jean Dryden - Family Support Service – Scottish Spina Bifida Association