Request a brochure
Before Your Visit
All of the information below, along with lots of other useful stuff, can be downloaded as PDFs from our Downloads page.
Cancellation insurance is strongly advised as once you have confirmed your booking you will be liable for cancellation charges if the booking is subsequently cancelled.
You are also advised to ensure your policy includes personal accident/effects cover as the public liability insurance held by Calvert Trust Exmoor will not cover this.
Arrival and Departure
We ask guests not to arrive before 4.00pm and depart by 10.00am. Visitors may be met at Barnstaple train or coach stations and transported to the centre at a minimum cost of £27.50 per vehicle each way. This must be arranged at the time of the booking (price will be confirmed on booking).
Although centre staff are on duty at all times, including throughout the night, full care cannot be provided. Thus, you must ensure you have sufficient carers for your needs. If in doubt, please consult the centre.
We provide waterproof clothing, day sacks, riding hats, life jackets/buoyancy aids and all specialist outdoor equipment, but you are welcome to bring your own. We suggest you bring the following items of clothing with you when visiting the centre:
- Warm jumpers – a number of thin sweaters are better than one thick sweater
- Warm trousers – three pairs, jeans are not suitable for outdoor activities, tracksuit trousers etc are more comfortable
- Warm anorak or coat
- Gloves, hat, scarf
- Thick socks
- Wellington boots (can be used for walking)
- Training shoes or similar (bring at least two pairs of which one pair will be used for sailing/canoeing)
- Sturdy shoes with heel (for horse riding)
- Casual clothes (for evening use)
- Toiletries including hand soap
- Towels – these are not provided
- Suncream, sunglasses, sunhat or baseball cap
- Swimming costumes, goggles (if needed) and towel
- Alarm clock, watch
Please note: all articles of clothing should be clearly labelled. Unclaimed lost property will be disposed of after three months.
"One of our group is 32 years old and has become almost institutionalised by her own routines, sedentary lifestyle and seeing only problems, never solutions. By Thursday it was ‘wow!’ It was fantastic to see this young lady so full of life, laughing, giggling, vibrant and alive.
She was so energised she didn’t want to rest during the day or do anything that had been the old routine. Two weeks on the change is now the norm, so well done Calvert Trust Exmoor."