Before Your Visit
All of the information below, along with lots of other useful stuff, can be downloaded as PDFs from our Downloads page.
Cancellation insurance is strongly advised as once you have confirmed your booking you will be liable for cancellation charges if the booking is subsequently cancelled.
You are also advised to ensure your policy includes personal accident/effects cover as the public liability insurance held by Calvert Trust Exmoor will not cover this.
Arrival and Departure
We ask guests not to arrive before 4.00pm and depart by 10.00am. Visitors may be met at Barnstaple train or coach stations and transported to the centre at a minimum cost of £27.50 per vehicle each way. This must be arranged at the time of the booking (price will be confirmed on booking).
Although centre staff are on duty at all times, including throughout the night, full care cannot be provided. Thus, you must ensure you have sufficient carers for your needs. If in doubt please talk to us. You can get us on 01598 763221.
We provide waterproof clothing, day sacks, riding hats, life jackets/buoyancy aids and all specialist outdoor equipment, but you are welcome to bring your own. We suggest you bring the following items of clothing with you when visiting the centre:
- Warm jumpers – a number of thin sweaters are better than one thick sweater
- Warm trousers – three pairs, jeans are not suitable for outdoor activities, tracksuit trousers etc are more comfortable
- Warm anorak or coat
- Gloves, hat, scarf
- Thick socks
- Wellington boots (can be used for walking)
- Training shoes or similar (bring at least two pairs of which one pair will be used for sailing/canoeing)
- Sturdy shoes with heel (for horse riding)
- Casual clothes (for evening use)
- Toiletries including hand soap
- Towels – these are not provided
- Sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat or baseball cap
- Swimming costumes, goggles (if needed) and towel
- Alarm clock, watch
Please note: all articles of clothing should be clearly labelled. Unclaimed lost property will be disposed of after three months.
Visitor Information Sheet
The Visitor Information Sheet contains all the information you might need on a visit to us, from what is our address to where can you watch television!
"Pupil's social skills and relationships with other pupils and staff have been developed in a way that would not have occurred in a school setting. Many students overcame difficulties quickly in this environment, due to the activities and the staff, that usually would have caused distress. Kitchen staff were the most accommodating that we have ever experienced on a trip away, made the break so much easier."
Ysgol Erw'r Delyn