Work at Calvert Trust Exmoor
Calvert Trust Exmoor is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people, vulnerable adults and our staff. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants for roles at Calvert Trust Exmoor are required to provide two satisfactory references and complete a satisfactory check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as a CRB check). For more information on the Disclosure and Barring Service please see their website: www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs.
Calvert Trust Exmoor promotes diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels welcomed and valued as an individual, and confident that they will be treated fairly, irrespective of age, race, disability, gender, religion and beliefs or sexual orientation. We expect staff, guests and visitors to help us achieve this aim.
New staff will usually be required to complete a probationary period of a minimum of 3 months.
Community and Events Fundraiser
Calvert Trust Exmoor has a vacancy for a Community and Events Fundraiser, this is a full time position, starting ASAP.
The key responsibility of the post is raising £60,000 to £100,000 of unrestricted funding per annum, with the support of the Fundraising Manager.
This could potentially include any or all of;
- Revenue funding for bursaries and core staff salaries
- Funding for outdoor activities equipment and accessibility equipment for the Centre.
- Funding for centre repairs and refurbishment projects
- Funding for capital projects (when required).
- Unrestricted funding for general charitable use
Required skills and experience:
- A demonstrable (minimum 3 year) track record of successful fundraising from the sources described above.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
- A high level of English & Mathematics ability
- Excellent social and relationship building skills
- Current driving licence, own car and willingness to travel when required
- Willingness to work long days, evenings or weekends if required (time off in lieu can be arranged).
An existing base of relevant contacts would be advantageous.
The salary for this role is up to £19,000, depending on experience. Calvert Trust Exmoor provides staff lunch during a working day. Eligible employees will be auto-enrolled in CTE’s work place pension scheme.
To find out more please download the Job Description.
To apply please send your C.V. and a covering letter to our CEO, Heidi Watson, preferably by email to email@example.com, or alternatively in writing to;
Calvert Trust Exmoor
Barnstaple, North Devon
The closing date for applications is 12:00, Friday 31st March 2017.
Calvert Trust Exmoor has vacancies starting in February 2017 for activity instructors for the 2017 season. There are both full time and seasonal positions – for the latter there may be an option to extend.
As well as working with our diverse group of visitors, the successful candidates will be involved in the development and maintenance of activity facilities and equipment. You will also be required to work with horses at a supervised level.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic and have strong interpersonal skills to manage and encourage the diverse range of visitors who undertake our activities.
- Have a good team ethic.
- Have some experience of working with people with disabilities and the willingness to learn the key skills required to take on the instructor role at CTE.
- Be flexible and prepared to adapt in this demanding and ever changing environment.
- Have experience working in outdoor education.
- Have experience or be willing to work with horses (Under supervision and with training provided).
- Single Pitch Award or Climbing Wall Assessment (CWA) with Abseil.
- BC UKCC Coach Level 1.
- RYA Powerboat level 2 (essential for 1 position. Can be gained in post for 2nd position).
- RYA Dinghy Instructor (essential for 1 position, desirable for 2nd position)
- First aid trained
- BC UKCC Coach level 2.
- GNAS or equivalent.
- Experience with archery and bush craft.
- Driving licence.
Salary and Benefits. The salary with minimum essential qualifications will be £16,100pa. This is reduced to £15,600 for the 1st 3 months whilst in training; however on successful completion of CTE pass-out evaluations and subject to appropriate NGB qualifications for working at CTE, salary can increase to a maximum of £16,800 in the first year. Calvert Trust Exmoor provides staff lunch during a working day; single living accommodation is also available (at a small cost). Eligible employees will be auto-enrolled in CTE’s work place pension scheme.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to The Activities Manager (Jon Cawley) on firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to;
The Activities Manager (Jon Cawley)
Calvert Trust Exmoor
Barnstaple, North Devon
To find out more about volunteering for Calvert Trust Exmoor please visit the "Volunteer For Us" page.
Other ways you can help
Volunteering at Calvert Trust Exmoor has allowed us to work with a wide range of individuals with a variety of needs. It has enabled us to improve our communication, assessment and team working skills, whilst having fun! These will be highly beneficial in our future career.
(Occupational Therapy Student Volunteers, Vicci and Sara)