Leave a Gift in your Will
Be it scaling the heights of the climbing wall, flying down the zip-wire, hitting the target in archery, or simply relaxing in our hydrotherapy pool, we inspire people of all abilities by showing that “it’s what you CAN do that counts”.
Many people understand that leaving a gift to Calvert Trust Kielder is a meaningful way of making the impossible, possible. Over the last ten years alone, we have received in excess of £287,000 in legacies, and this has made an enormous difference to our work. We have been able to:
- Build additional self-catering accommodation for our guests
- Upgrade our driveway and on-site roads making access easier
- Install additional adventure activities
- Ensure our Respite wing has the latest equipment to meet our guests’ needs
By remembering us in your Will, we are able to continue providing life-changing experiences for hundreds of disabled children and adults; improving self-confidence, making new friends, and realising potential.
How you could make a difference:
£250 could buy waterproofs for guests to use during their stay
£500 could buy a short break for three disabled children
£1,000 could buy sensory room equipment
£5,000 could provide a subsidy for 20 respite guests
£10,000 could buy a new sailing boat
£50,000 could buy a new minibus
We rely on our generous supporters to help us provide our wonderful service. Once you have looked after your family and friends, please think about leaving a legacy to Calvert Trust Kielder. Choosing to remember a charity in your Will is an important and deeply personal decision, and we want you to feel comfortable in understanding the different ways you can support us.
There are three main ways that you can leave a gift in your Will:
- A share of your estate: this is a gift of all or part of the value of your estate after debts, other legacies and liabilities are met.
- A specific sum: this is when you choose to leave a specific sum (also known as a pecuniary gift), which you can arrange to be increased in line with inflation.
- A specific item: this is when you give a specific item such as a painting, books, jewellery, land, stocks and shares, or property.
However you choose to remember Calvert Trust Kielder, you can be safe in the knowledge that your gift will be used in the best possible way to make a real difference to the lives of our guests. If you do wish to include us in an existing Will, you will need to complete a codicil form with your solicitor to ensure your wishes are clear and legally correct.
If you would like to discuss leaving a gift in your Will to Calvert Trust Kielder, please contact our Fundraising Team on 01434 250232. We are always happy to have an informal and confidential chat about how your legacy can be used to provide life-enhancing memories for our guests.
"I can't describe the confidence Calvert Trust Kielder has given me, I left feeling like I could take on the world."