Calvert Trust Kielder, Kielder Water & Forest Park, Hexham, Northumberland, NE48 1BS
Driving is the best way to get to the centre as we are not served by public transport. Our nearest train station is in the market town of Hexham, 32 miles away, although we do operate transfers with our accessible minibuses - please contact our Guest Services Team if you would like to book transport on 01434 250232.
How to Find Us
From the South and East of England
- Head for Newcastle upon Tyne and follow the A1 till you see signs for Hexham A69
- Follow the A69 past Hexham until a turning on the right of the dual carriageway signs towards Acomb and Chollerford A6079.
- Follow the road through Acomb village, Wall village and through to Chollerford at which point brown tourist information signs start signalling the way to ‘Kielder Water and Kielder Forest’.
- Continue into Kielder Water & Forest Park passing Tower Knowe Information Centre on the right. Calvert Trust is only 3.5 miles further on the left.
From the West of England and South of Scotland
- Leave the M6 at Junction 44 Carlisle and follow the A7 through Longtown.
- On approaching the next village of Canonbie there are brown tourist information signs marking the route through to Kielder. This route takes you through many country roads and is approximately one hour in journey time from Carlisle.
- Eventually you will come to Kielder village. Do not turn into the village but keep going past.
- The Calvert Trust is 6 miles past Kielder Village on the right hand side of the road.
For those more technically minded our Grid Reference is NY663858.
View Larger Map