Work for Calvert Trust Kielder
Our centre gives people of all abilities the opportunity to enjoy outdoor activities in the beautiful Northumberland countryside.
Are you ready for a new challenge?
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and committed permanent staff who can help to transform the lives of our guests by ensuring they have a rewarding and fun experience.
Summer Freelance Staff
We are looking for Freelance instructors to help us out in the summer months during our NCS programme. Ideally you will have a UKCC 1 and/or Hill and Moorland Leader qualification as a minimum. It would be very useful if you have worked with NCS type programmes before.
For further information/application please click here
if you have any questions please email email@example.com
Catering/ Chef Manager
As Catering/ Chef Manager of a small team you will be responsible for the provision of a high quality catering service to the guests and staff of the Calvert Trust Kielder. As a hands on post you will also be responsible for the ordering, preparation, cooking and service of food.
You will need:
- Advanced Food Hygiene Qualification (essential)
- Minimum 5 years practical kitchen experience (essential)
- NVQ Diploma in professional cookery (desirable)
Carers - Part Time and Relief
We are looking for carers to join our highly motivated respite care tea, providing care for adults at our centre in Kielder.
You will need:
- a flexible approach, be good humoured and willing to learn
- a minimum of NVQ level 2 in health and social care or equivalent
- or experience in a care environment.
Key tasks include:
- all aspects of assisting with personal care, for example washing, dressing, bathing, feeding and ensuring daily tasks are carried out
- you will be required to work with the full centre team to provide a high quality service
- Guests come from a wide variety of backgrounds and differing abilities therefore an important part your role is to tailor our care package to meet guests’ requirements
- As part of the role you will support guests to go out on activities, around the centre and to local attractions.
- Some duties within other departments maybe required to ensure the smooth running of the centre.
For those applicants who have a desire to work in a challenging and rewarding environment but do not meet the above criteria, you can apply to become an apprentice. You must be willing to undertake a period of training which includes reaching NVQ qualifications level 2 and 3 and outdoor qualifications as agreed during your initial agreement discussions.
Competitive salary and benefits package. Live in accommodation may be available
Please download an application pack or call 01434 250232
Find out about our Volunteering Opportunities
"The work is wonderfully varied and every day is a new learning experience."
"I have not only learnt many new skills, but also gained independence, confidence, life experience and met such a variety of interesting people."