"Buddy" Supported Breaks For Adults
A new initiative from the Lake District Calvert Trust!
With more and more adults with disabilities visiting our centre overlooking Bassenthwaite Lake, we have now have another new programme.
Through next year and beyond, we will be running a series of courses for adults over 18 with low support needs, giving them the opportunity to enjoy a residential stay without the need for a carer or family member to accompany them, so helping to develop independence, confidence and self reliance.
"Helping to develop independence,
confidence and self reliance"
The Lake District Calvert Trust already runs many adult courses throughout the year for individuals who are accompanied and bring their own support/care and individuals who are fully independent.
These new breaks are however suitable for adults who are independent in the majority of their day-to-day lives, but may need some support in an unfamiliar environment, we provide ‘buddies' - assistants who are able to support* people with reminders and prompts, and also help them to integrate socially with other members of the group.
2017 Course Dates & Prices**
- 14 - 17 April (weekend) - £CALL - **LIMITED PLACES**
- 17 - 21 April (mid-week) - £CALL - **LIMITED PLACES**
- 29 July - 5 August (full week) - SOLD OUT
- 12 - 19 August (full week) - £793.00
- 4 - 8 September (mid-week) - £470.00
- 8 - 11 September (weekend) - £371.00
If you would like to know more about these courses and availability, please call us on 01768 772 255, or email us at email@example.com
There are also further details about the courses and terms and conditions outlined below.
Further Details and Terms & Conditions
* - About The Support
Support DOES NOT include respite care and we are unable to provide help with taking medication, personal care needs such as eating, showering or toileting, or managing challenging behaviour.
However, our Buddies can help with:
- Ensuring people wake in time for breakfast.
- Help people gather kit and clothing for the day.
- Remind people what time activities start and where they are meeting their group.
- Provide physical support for people who are unsteady on their feet.
- Listen to any concerns someone may have and liaise between the individual and Calvert Trust staff.
- Providing supervision in the swimming pool
Please also note that while there is always a member of Calvert Trust staff present on site, individuals will not be supervised at all times during their stay and there may be periods of time where they are left to be independent around the site.
Prior to attending a "Buddy" Supported Break, participants will need to complete an Unaccompanied Individuals Supplementary Information form, in addition to our Booking and Medical forms.
To understand the kind of information required, you can download a copy of the form here.
** - About The Prices:
The Prices noted above are based on our standard tariff for the applicable month of the year, plus a surcharge of £5 to cover administration and 'Buddy' costs (being £40 for a weekend course, £60 for a midweek course and £80 for a week long course).
All prices are also based on sharing a room with other participants on the course.