The Lake District Calvert Trust Riding Centre is situated on the outskirts of Keswick, at the foot of Latrigg fell.
The riding centre is a BHS-approved riding establishment, and is fully accessible. Instructors are Britsh Horse Society and Riding for the Disabled Association qualified, and are able to take people of all abilities for a riding or trap driving session.
We have a variety of clients who are...
- Attending an Activity Break at the Lake District Calvert Trust.
- Self-Catering guests staying at our cottages.
- Attending a Specialist Riding Course to progress their riding or trap driving skills
- Local people with disabilities and community riders.
- Visitors to the Lake District with a disability (subject to availability).
- Volunteers at the Riding Centre also have the opportunity to ride at a reduced rate.
Please note there is a weight limit of 82kg (12 stone 12lb) for horse riders, however trap driving is often available for those over this weight.
For trap driving there is a weight limit of 114kg (18 stone). Electric powered wheelchairs are no permitted on the traps, but a manual chair can be provided.
The Lake District Calvert Trust Riding Centre
Cumbria, CA12 4NT
T: 017687 72250
F: 017687 72250
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Frame, Swift and Partners for their excellent service and care they provide for our horses. And to MSD for supporting us with vaccines.
Equifeast, who support Mischief with his eye allergy with their 'Fight Back' medication.
"As soon as Emily puts her riding boots on, she doesn’t need her leg splints and when she mounts her pony she is just like any other seven year old girl.”